. .
Foundation member and vice-chairman Dr. Rybizka

The foundation of the Skiclub Arlberg

The field is ready. The moment has come. The SCA is founded. On an evening shortly after Christmas 1900, six friends sit in the "Alte Post" in St. Anton, and talk about Viktor Sohm's ski tours. The innkeeper of the Post, Carl Schuler, suggests a ski tour to St. Christoph to those gathered. A few days later, the century changes. On the 3rd of January 1901, six people set off in gloriously sunny winter weather to St. Christoph. They reach the Hospiz. Mulled wine flows. The mood is relaxed. Adolf Rybizka suggests starting a club. The following entry can be found in the guest book:

Charmed by nature, thrilled by sport, imbued with the necessity to create a modest meeting point in the Arlberg for friends of this noble pleasure, these ex tempore excursionists present felt moved to found a Skiclub Arlberg!

St. Christoph, 3rd January 1901

Chairman: Carl Schuler
Vice chairman: Dr. Rybizka
Club treasurer: Josef Schneider
Club attendant: Oswald Trojer
Club member: Beil, Assistent
Club member: med. F. Gerster
Club member: Liesl Trojer
Club member: Rudolf Schuler

This was accompanied by a sketch of the club badge that is still in use today: crossed skis with a vertical ski pole.

And so, the Skiclub Arlberg was founded. More than a hundred years later, over 7,000 members can look back on an eventful history. With numerous Olympic winners and world champions.